27 April 2004

PACKING HEAT
Do You Wish You Can Have One?



In Ohio, there is a new law that took effect weeks ago that allows Ohioans to carry concealed handguns. It is called the concealed carry law. Some 70,000 Ohioans are expected to apply for permits. Read the news report here.

I have several questions:
What society permits its citizens to carry guns?
An unsafe and crime-ridden one?

What level of maturity is needed to carry guns? How do you measure maturity?
Psychological tests? Illegal drug-screening tests? I do not think those are enough.

If I had a gun and if I were to relate it with my displeasure when I drive (with jeepney and taxi drivers) here at home, I might end up in jail as a mass murderer. Geeez, I hope they do not pass any laws like that here in Manila.



0 reactions: