--- Are You Eating More of These?
Recently, I've been reading Dr. Steven Pratt's book SuperFoods RX: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life. It is very informative and I searched the net for links because I'd like to share with you the essence of what the book says. I've found the following from the archives of WebMD, and I'd like you to read them. I believe that if we concentrate our diet, or make these "superfoods" the major part of our diets, we might be able to beat the odds of getting sick and live healthy the way we all want it.
Here are Dr. Steven Pratt's fourteen superfoods:
- Beans - a great low-fat, low-calorie source of protein and an easy way to help control your weight and your blood sugar.
- Blueberries - the best food on the planet to preserve a young brain as we mature
- Broccoli - the best food on the planet to prevent cancer
- Oats - a sure-fire way to lower your cholesterol
- Oranges - the most readily available source of vitamin C, which in turn lowers the rate of most causes of death in this country, for example, heart disease and cancer
- Pumpkin - loaded with phytonutrients, which keep our skin young and help prevent damage from sunlight
- Skinless turkey breast - the leanest meat source of protein on the planet
- Spinach - the best food on the planet to prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, thus ensuring a lifetime of good vision
- Soy - the only complete vegetarian source of protein
- Tea, either green or black - the easiest and cheapest no calorie way to avoid heart disease and cancer.
- Tomatoes - one of the easiest ways for men to avoid prostate cancer is the consumption of tomatoes and tomato-based products
- Walnuts - an easy, tasty way to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Wild Salmon - a guaranteed way to lower your risk for cardiac-related death
Now, if only the Radical Chef, ManangKu, and Ting-Aling, can help me with the recipes. Ladies, I got good info on the ingredients, can you help me come up with great superfood recipes?
- Yogurt - a tasty, easy way to boost your immune system