This plan is according to a study involving 5,820 Japanese-American middled-aged men from the Hawaiian island of Oahu, who were followed for up to 40 years (from 1965 to 2005) to assess overall and exceptional survival.
- at midlife, strive to have a normal blood-pressure, good grip, be fit and active, and avoid having a bigger tummy
- on clinical laboratory exams, make sure that both blood sugar (fasting and random) levels and fat profiles are within normal values
- maintain a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- quit smoking
- limit alcoholic beverage intake
- get married and stay happily married
I think everyone wants to be healthy and want to live as long as 85 years old. 'Problem is, not everyone has the courage to resist temptations of good food, good wine, and smoking.
Like happiness, living longer can be a choice and a decision. It's all up to us to decide what we want in life.