13 July 2008

My Favorite Superhero

My fellow medblogger Dr. Em Dy is asking questions about superheroes in a raffle she is hosting in her blog. Prize is 2 movie tickets for the latest Batman flick. Win or lose, I am happy to join. I love comic superheroes. I grew up reading all kinds of comic books and graphic novels.



Q: Who is your most or least favorite superhero? Why?
A: My favorite superhero is Thor (from Marvel Comics). Named after a well-known Norse mythology personality, he is the God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard. He is the strongest of all the Norse gods. He has been around since I was a kid --- some thirty years ago --- and I have always been fascinated how he wields his mystical hammer Mjolnir. He is my favorite because he is tougher than most superheroes. He is a god, after all. Also, his alter-ego is also a physician.

What is your most or least favorite superhero movie? Why?
Spiderman 1, 2, & 3, all starring Tobey Maguire. These series finally told the message that it is possible to make superhero movies that do not insult the way loyal comic fans know their superheroes. *Applause for the wonders of CGI* The stunts, the way Spidey shoots his web, the way Doc Ock grapples him with his extra limbs, and the way the Sandman pounds him were all recreated perfectly as it was when we first read it from the pages of Stan Lee. 'Nuff said.

If you could have one superpower, what would you like it to be?
Superhuman speed, much like what the Flash can do. It would be great to do more in less time, especially in my line of work. As an added perk, it would also be awesome if I can speed up my molecular density and pass through walls or do some time-traveling.
blog comments powered by Disqus