10 September 2004

I'M IN HEAVEN, I'M IN HEAVEN
--- My First Song Lyrics Post


Late last night upon getting home, I watched the DVD copy of The Human Stain, starring Anthony Hopkins and Nicole Kidman. It was a film adaptation of Philip Roth's 2000 novel of the same title.

There was a scene from the movie when Anthony Hopkins and Gary Sinise danced to the tune of a beautiful song titled Cheek to Cheek by Irving Berlin. I was impressed by that scene, and of course, with Hopkins and Sinise performing, you can expect they have portrayed well the infectious happiness being communicated by the song.

Cheek to Cheek was written by Irving Berlin for the 1935 movie Top Hat, which made Fred and Ginger (that's Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers for the uninitiated) even more famous during that time.

This is my first time to post song lyrics in my weblog and I thought I will never do it because I might not be able to find that song worth posting. But I was wrong. I found the song! I'm posting the lyrics of that wonderful song today which I got from songlyrics4u.com and hope you get the 'happiness' bug I'm talking about, too:
Heaven, I'm in heaven

And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak

And I seem to find the happiness I seek

When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek



Heaven, I'm in heaven

And the cares that hung around me through the week

Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak

When we're out together dancing (swinging) cheek to cheek



Oh I love to climb a mountain

And reach the highest peak

But it doesn't thrill (boot) me half as much

As dancing cheek to cheek



Oh I love to go out fishing

In a river or a creek

But I don't enjoy it half as much

As dancing cheek to cheek



(come on and) dance with me

I want my arm(s) about you

That (those) charm(s) about you

Will carry me through...



(right up) to heaven, I'm in heaven

And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak

And I seem to find the happiness I seek

When we're out together dancing, out together dancing (swinging)

Out together dancing cheek to cheek


0 reactions: