19 November 2004

TOP TEN BEST KISSES IN FILM

If you kiss your beloved for one minute straight, you will burn 26 calories. Kissing also increases your brain activity and improves your breathing. It also helps reduce tooth decay because the extra saliva helps clean out your mouth.

I was surfing the net early this morning and I came across the Top Ten Best Movie Kisses Ever. You may or may not agree, but here's the list:

  1. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in "Gone With the Wind"

  2. Omar Sharif and Julie Christie in "Doctor Zhivago"

  3. Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman at the end of "Casablanca"

  4. Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn in "Sabrina"

  5. Rock Hudson and Doris Day in "Pillow Talk"

  6. Molly Ringwald and Michael Schoeffling in "Sixteen Candles"

  7. Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift in "A Place in the Sun"

  8. Molly Ringwald and Judd Nelson' in "The Breakfast Club"

  9. Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds in "Singin' in the Rain"

  10. Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke in "Reality Bites"
[Netscape, Movies]

I've seen "Gone With The Wind" twice with my Dad and everytime it leaves me wanting for more. I agree with the list above. Nothing can top the passion and the romance of the way Rhett pulled Scarlett from the carriage and said:
"Scarlett, I love you more than I've ever loved any woman. And I've waited longer for you than I've ever waited for any woman. Here's a solider of the South that loves you. You're a woman who's sending a solider to his death with a beautiful memory. Scarlett, kiss me, kiss me, once."
Why can't there be more movies like that today? Why can't Hollywood capture the intensity of the passion involved? The value of a kiss rests on the passion involved.

And if we are talking about maximizing the health benefits of a kiss, I say it must be passionate. When you give someone a peck type of kiss, you use only 2 muscles of your face, but you use all of your facial muscles and burn more calories during a passionate kiss.

When I have more time, I intend to get and watch films #2-#10 so I can see if the list was right.

Do passionate kissing with the one you truly love ok? Happy kissing, folks!

More benefits of kissing can be read here.

0 reactions: